Dosa – A Cripsy Recipe For Your Breakfast!
Dosa is the well-liked South Indian breakfast. It is a crispy dish made with fermented rice and lentil batter. With just a few ingredients to make the classic dosa. It will force you to eat again and again. Idli and dosa are the main meal for breakfast.
Soaking rice and lentils
- In a bowl, take ½ cup idli rice or parboiled rice (attop chal) along with ½ cup regular rice.
Note* (Instead of adding regular rice, you can also make the dosa with a total of 1 cup idli rice.)
2. Add ¼ cup urad dal and ⅛ teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi) in the same bowl. Wash them a couple of times.
3. In a separate bowl, take 2 tablespoons of thick poha.
Note * (It is added to make them fluffy and soft. If you don’t have poha then you can avoid adding)
4. Wash them and add water as required, and mix. Cover with a lid and soak everything for 4 to 5 hours.
Grinding into batter
5. Drain all the water, and add the soaked ingredients to a mixer grinder or a blender.
6. Make sure to grind them according to your grinder’s capacity in part by part Or off the power when it is too hot.
7. Add salt to it and mix well.
Note* (If you live in a cold area, fermentation will take up to 15-16 hrs. If fermentation takes too much, keep them beside the stove(hot) Or in the oven without switching on. If the area is too hot, keep them in the refrigerator as the batter will overflow.)
8. To see the batter is good, then the smell sour.
How to Make Dosa-
Heat the pan Or Tawa for dosa and apply little oil (too much oil will not allow you to circle them properly so, a little oil is suggested.)
Pour 1 TBL of batter and make a circle, take as little as to make them plain and crispy, fat layer is not needed. keep your flame low as the high flame will get the dosa stick to Skillet Or Tawa.
Note *(If your tawa is too hot then, sprinkle a little water and wait to reduce the heat, then apply oil and don’t mix as it will pop both)
Flip them when you see the other, Or the bottom side is golden brown for 1 min, and also you can add little oil around.
Enjoy them with chutney and sambar.