Chili cheese toast – A spicy toast recipe!
The toast is the hotness of the green chili, also has the aromatic taste of ginger. Chili cheese toast is a simple bread toast recipe that can be prepared in just 5 minutes as evening snacks. Like bhajis, we can make this simple!
- 6 to 7 slices of brown bread or whole wheat bread
- ½ cup tightly packed grated cheese – mozzarella, cheddar, or regular cheese
- 1 green chili – finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon grated or minced ginger
- salt as required (optional)
- black pepper as required
- salted butter at room temperature for spreading on the bread as required.
Make chili cheese toast on oven –
- Grate the cheese in a bowl. Add 1 chopped green chili and ½ tsp grated or minced ginger. Also, salt and black pepper combine well.
- Slice 6-7 brown bread or white bread into triangular slices.
- Set the bread on a rack and toast in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 5-6 minutes or more till lightly toasted. Just a little crispness on the surfaces.
- Spread some butter evenly on the slices. Next spread the cheese-chili-ginger mixture evenly.
- Again toast or grill in the preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 7-10 mins or more till the cheese melts and the bread slices get golden and crisp.
For making toast on a tava
- First, spread butter on only one side of the bread slices.
- Then allowing the buttered side on the pan or tawa, lightly crisp the bread.
- Spread some butter on the top side.
- When the bread is lightly toasted, turn to the other side.
- Spread some of the mixture fillings.
- Cover the pan with lid and toast till cheese melts.