Aloo curry recipe
Aloo curry is a dish of potato(aloo) mixed with a sauce seasoned with spices. The spices commonly include turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, and chili pepper, among others. In southern India, curry leaves are added.
- Potato (aloo) – 3 or 4 medium-sized,
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp,
- besan or gram flour – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 5-6 medium size,
- ginger – 1 inch
- Green chili – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Lal Mirch – 1 tsp
- Dhaniya – tsp
- Salt to taste
- Starting with adding oil to the pan. After heating them, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger chopped 1 inch, green chilies chopped, and saute them well.
- Add 2tsp besan and let mix it well till it slightly changes its color. Combine the mixture with the spices as mentioned.
- Ground tomato and ginger together. Add the puree to the pan and boil them nicely. When oil releases, add potato chopped and hot water as required.
- Boil or steam them well till the potato is softened.
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves.