Make a simple tomato and onion side dish for chapatis.
Tomato Onion Dry Curry is a South-Indian dish made with only a few ingredients that are simply possible in your kitchen. This recipe is cooked using tomatoes, onions, herbs, and spices. This dish is a perfect combination of tangy and spicy flavors. Serve this curry with cooked rice or tawa roti to your cherished ones.
- Tomato – 2 medium
- Onion – 3 medium
- coriander leaves
- mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste or grounded
- Green chili – 3-4 slits
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- sugar – 1/4 tsp
Method to prepare tomato-onion curry
- Start with onion, slice the onion into thin pieces and chop the tomato.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 1 tsp of mustard seeds. Let them pop the seeds.
- Add the spices as above mention, or you can adjust the spices. Make sure you lower the flame while adding the spices.
- Add onions first, and saute them till they are golden brown or slightly soft.
- When onions are slightly brown or soft, add tomato. Don’t add onion and tomato together.
- When tomatoes are mashy, add water as required, garam masala, and sugar into it.
- Cook it for 5 min closed. Add coriander leaves chopped.