Paneer Tikka recipe restaurant style
Paneer tikka is an Indian dish prepared from pieces of paneer marinated in seasonings and barbecued in a tandoor. It is a vegetarian, similar to chicken tikka and other meat dishes. In India, it is a favorite dish prepared and in other countries.
- 200 to 250 grams Paneer
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ diced capsicum – green, yellow or red
for marination paneer tikka
- 200 grams yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder – optional
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon black salt – optional
- salt as required
- some oil for brushing
Method to cook:
- Cube the paneer
- Dice the onions and capsicum.
- Take the yogurt in a large bowl, and whisk it gently till it becomes smooth.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, spice powders, carom seeds, black salt, regular salt, lemon juice, and mustard oil.
- Combine very well. Check the flavor if required then, add more seasonings.
- Add the veggies and paneer. Slowly and gently mix them with the mixture.
- Wrap the bowl and marinate for at least 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- After 2 hours, the paneer and veggies pick on bamboo skewers. Soak or rinse the bamboo skewers before picking them up.
Grilling Paneer Tikka
- Preheat the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 230 or 240 degrees Celsius. You can use tandoor also.
- Arrange a baking plate with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Prepare the skewers on the tray. Stroke some oil on the veggies and cubes all over.
- Lay the tray on the first stand. Grill the paneer tikka first for 7 to 10 minutes at 230 or 240 degrees celsius. Then shift and turn the skewers.
- Lay back on the top rack in the oven and continue to grill for 3 to 5 minutes longer till the sides of the paneer are golden. Do not grill for a long time as then cubes become hard.
- Since temperatures change from oven to oven so keep a check. You can reduce or increase the time as required. The total grilling time will be 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then place the paneer cubes on a serving plate. Season with some chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Serve tikka with mint chutney and onion rings with lemon wedges.
- Is tandoori paneer tikka healthy?
Paneer tikka is a healthy recipe. Slightly high in fat, but good fat. Good fat keeps you fuller for a long time.
- Is tikka a junk food?
The gravy of Shahi Paneer consists of cream, cashew nuts, and milk, making it extremely fatty. Tikka Masala is a dish that has grilled paneer pieces in tomato-based gravy, making it a healthier choice.