Prepare Aloo 65 in simple steps!
Aloo 65 is a south Indian spicy dish made with deep-fried potato cubes flavored with red chilies, curry leaves and stirred in yogurt-based gravy. The common aloo starters, also named aloo 65, is a complete crowd-pleasing delicacy that makes a great addition to any party menu.
Ingredients for Aloo 65
- 4 to 5 medium-sized potatoes( aloo)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, or you can use all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 7 to 8 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Add ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- water as required
- salt as required
- oil for frying
Steps to follow for Aloo 65:
- Half-boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles.
- Make a thick batter in a bowl with all the ingredients besides oil, coriander leaves, and potatoes. The batter should be out of any lumps and should not be light.
- Peel and cube the parboiled potatoes.
- Add the cubed parboiled potatoes to the mixture and cover them well with the mixture.
- In a Kadai, heat the oil. When the oil becomes heated, take each batter-covered potato and lightweight fry or deep fry till golden brown and crumbly.
- Turn them as needed for even frying.
- Once done, then transfer after draining as much oil as possible. Then drain them on a kitchen paper napkin so that the extra oil is absorbed.
- Serve aloo 65 hot garnished with coriander leaves or both, along with some green chutney or tomato sauce.