Fish Finger – A delicious 25 min snack!
Fish fingers or fish sticks, prepared in America, prepared using a whitefish, such as cod, hake, haddock, or pollock, battered or breaded. They are usually available in the frozen food section of supermarkets. They can be toasted in an oven, grilled, shallow fried, or deep-fried.
This Fish Fingers method is a popular delicacy, has a crunchy texture, and a fluffy inside. It is tasted with mayonnaise and tomato ketchup. Here’s the step to make Fish Fingers at home.
- 500 gm fish fillets
- 1 and 1/2 cup panko(light, fluffy) breadcrumbs
- salt as required
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 lemon wedge-shaped
- Add 2 tablespoons of any refined oil
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder or crushed
- 1 egg
- tartare sauce as required
- parsley as required
Method to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spread breadcrumbs on a baking tray with cooking oil sprinkled on it. Roast them until it is golden. Transfer these golden breadcrumbs into a bowl and add parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper to taste. Combine well and keep aside.
- Raise the oven temperature to 220 degrees Celsius. Next, sprinkle another baking plate with cooking oil. Take a bowl and whisk egg, mayonnaise, all-purpose flour and, salt and pepper to prepare the mixture.
- Divide the fish fillets into thin strips. Dip the fillets into the batter, pick it up with tongs, and toss them in the breadcrumbs to coat. Transfer to the oiled baking tray and sprinkle with a little refined oil. Set the tray in the preheated pan and bake for 12 minutes or until crispy on the surface.
- Serve the fish fingers with tartare sauce and garnish with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
- What is wrong with fish fingers?
Fish fingers are not bad, occasional fast meal. They are high in fats and carbohydrates due to the coating. The rest of the serving should consist of vegetables. Better still, make your own which has higher levels of fish and less bad fats.
- What’s the best way to cook fish fingers?
Preheat your grill to medium heat. Set your fingers on a baking tray directly below the grill. Turn over hardly. Cook until crisp and golden for that ultimate crunch!