Eggless Chocolate cake| How to make chocolate cake.
Chocolate eggless cake is soft, moist, and deliciously chocolatey. Here eggless chocolate cake presents an excellent offset for chocolate cake-based desserts and a classic medium for any number of delicious frostings. The reaction between baking soda and lemon juice is the mystery to balance the light and spongy consistency in this vegan chocolate cake.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Cuisine: World
- Course: Desserts
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Servings: 12
The main ingredients required are:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour – equalized, 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A little bit of 1 pinch of salt
- ¾ cup raw sugar or white powder sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- Pour ¼ cup sunflower oil or any oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or any neutral tasting oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Add ¼ cup almond milk or any nut milk
- ¼ cup raw sugar or powder white sugar
Method to prepare:
Preparation of baking pan:
- First, apply some oil in a round baking pan.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Straining the powder mixture:
- Sieve whole powder mixture including wheat flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda in a bowl.
- Set the strained dry ingredients aside.
Adding wet mixture:
- In another bowl, take the powdered sugar or raw sugar.
- Add cold water and stir with a small whisk until all of the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the sunflower oil. Stir so that everything is mixed well, and you get a homogenous mixture.
- Next, add the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir well again.
Making the chocolate cake batter
- Add the strained dry ingredients to the wet mixture. With a beater or steel whisk, combine everything well.
- Assure that there are no lumps in the batter. The consistency of chocolate cake batter should be slightly thin and not syrupy.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
Baking the cake:
- Just tap the sides of the pan, the excess air bubbles pop out.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 200 degrees Celsius for 35 to 40 mins. Since temperatures differ from oven to oven so do have a check.
- For baking in a convection method of a microwave oven, preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. Next, bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 to 35 minutes.
- For having cooked, check the cake with a fork or toothpick. The toothpick should come out clear-cut. Set the cake to cool.
- If the toothpick comes out sticky with batter, place the cake back in the oven and resume to bake for some more minutes. Before, coating let the chocolate cake cool completely.
Making Cocoa Frosting
- Take the oil, almond milk, and sugar in a small vessel.
- Put the saucepan on low heat and stir usually stir till the sugar is melted. Next, add the cocoa powder. On low heat stir and mix till all the cocoa powder is mixed. Turn off the flame.
- While still hot, pour the frosting on the chocolate cake on the top and surfaces of the cake. Cover it smoothly with a spatula.
- Store the chocolate cake covered in the fridge for the frosting to set for a couple of hours.
- The frosting will set after some hours.
- The next day, top the cake with some chocolate shavings or cacao shavings. You can also sprinkle some dry fruits or sprinkles or chocolate chips.
- Slice and serve the eggless chocolate cake as a sweet dessert.
Serve this delicious and soft chocolate cake to the guests or as dessert.