Tomato Soup| Make tomato soup with croutons|
Tomato soup, smooth and savory, is a lovely dish to enjoy at any time of year. In the spring and summer, the robust, brilliant flavor of fresh tomato is delicious, and the creamy richness of the broth makes it the ideal comfort dish for a cold fall or winter night.
Make the most beautiful and savory tomato soup you’ve ever tasted by following this simple step-by-step recipe!
- Prep Time – 5 mins
- Cook Time – 20 mins
- Cuisine – American, World
- Course – Soup, Starters
- Difficulty Level – Easy
- Servings – 4
For the soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 bay leaf or tej patta (small to medium-sized) – fresh or dried (optional)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onions or 1 medium onion
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic or 2 to 3 small to medium garlic cloves
- 500 grams tomatoes or 6 to 7 medium to large tomatoes
- 1 cup water or low sodium vegetable broth
- salt as required
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or white sugar
- freshly crushed black pepper – as required
For the croutons
- ½ cup bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any other oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 pinch freshly crushed black pepper
- chopped or coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream – optional
Tomatoes to be cooked
- In a saucepan or pot, heat the butter until completely melted. Reduce the heat to a low or medium setting.
- Sauté for a few seconds after adding the bay leaves. Combine the chopped onions and garlic in a mixing bowl. For around 3 to 4 minutes, stir and sauté until the onions soften.
- Toss in the diced tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover pan and cook on moderate to medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tomatoes soften. There’s no need to add any liquid.
- When the tomatoes are cooking, however, keep an eye on them. If the liquids get too dry to cook with, add a dash of water and continue to cook.
- Remove the tomatoes from the heat and set them aside to cool. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
Straining and blending
- Add the tomato mixture to a blender jar once it has cooled to a safe temperature to work.
- Blender can also be used. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
- If you want an even smoother soup, strain the puree through a strainer, although this step isn’t necessary.
- If you do decide to strain the puree, make sure everything is strained except the seeds with a spoon.
Continuing to simmer
- Return the tomato puree to the pot, along with the water and sugar.
- Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally until the soup is heated but not boiling.
- Stir in a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Mix well, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
Bread is toasted.
- Make the bread croutons while the tomato sauce is cooling.
- In a baking tray, combine the bread cubes, olive oil, salt, and freshly crushed black pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) and bake the bread cubes for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Alternatively, toast the bread cubes till golden brown on all sides in a pan.
- Fill bowls halfway with hot tomato soup.
- Serve the croutons on the side or straight on top of the soup.
- Freshly cut parsley or coriander leaves, or mint leaves can be added to the tomato soup.
- Serve them fresh.
Also Read About: Upma Recipe| How to make upma for breakfast|
Latest post :
- Veg Green Thai Curry | Home-made Thai Curry Paste |The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is made with homemade Thai green curry paste, vibrant fresh hot chili peppers, and green coriander leaves, ground with lemongrass, and fill it up with…
- Phulkopir Shingara | A Bengali Style Samosa |It’s best to describe eating phulkopi’r shingara as a transcendental experience. When you’re done, time stands still, and everything else in life seems to lose its appeal. Seasonal cauliflower is…
- Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup Recipe | Salsa, Nachos |The soup has a somewhat charred and smokey flavor because of the fire-roasted tomatoes. But don’t worry if all you have is a can of chopped tomato! It’ll still be…
- Authentic Punjabi Rajma Recipe | Punjabi Style Rajma |Rajma is a Punjabi dish cooked with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, and spices that is softly spicy, creamy, and delicious. With the addition of additional water, the aromatic and savory…
- Masala Maggi in Chinese style recipe in 5 minsMaggi is one of the most popular and simple rapid snack meal dishes using noodles and flavor enhancers. It’s basic, straightforward, and, more importantly, it appeals to a wide range…