Lasooni Anda Malai Masala Recipe | Egg Curry Recipe|
Anda lasooni malai is an egg recipe with a strong flavor of garlic and cream. A thick yellowish layer of fat and coagulated proteins appears on the surface, skimmed off later.
The procedure is repeated to remove the fat.
- Prep time: 20-25 minutes
- Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Serves: 3-4 people
For cashew paste:
- Pyaaz (onions) – 3 medium sized
- Kaju (cashew nuts) – 40-45 nos. / 3/4th cup
- Water 100 ml For egg malai:
- Boiled eggs or anda 6-7 nos.
- Butter 1 tbsp + oil 3 tbsp (for shallow fry)
- Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Tej patta (bay leaf) – 1-2 nos.
- Dalchini (cinnamon) – 1 inch
- Badi elaichi (black cardamom) – 1 no.
- Lehsun (garlic) – 1/3 cup
- Hari mirchi (green chillies) – 2-3 nos. (chopped)
- Hara dhaniya (fresh coriander) – 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Jeera (cumin) powder – 1 tsp
- Safed mirch (white pepper) powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Kaali mirch (black pepper) powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- Adrak (ginger) – 1 inch (julienned)
- Hari mirchi (green chillies) – 1-2 nos. (slit)
- Fresh cream – 2-3 tbsp
- Grate 2 boiled egg whites
- A small handful of fresh coriander
- To make cashew paste, fill a stockpot halfway with water, add the onions and cashew nuts, and bring to a boil over high heat for 10-12 minutes. Once done, strain the boiled cashew nuts and onions and rinse well with fresh water.
- Transfer to a grinding jar with water (about 100 ml) and grind to a fine & smooth paste; your onion and cashew paste is ready; save away to use later.
- To fry eggs, heat a tawa or a large pan over medium heat, add the oil and butter to shallow fry, then add the boiled eggs and shallow fried from all sides until light golden brown. Remove the eggs and save them aside for later use.
- Continue to cook on low heat in the same pan, adding a little more oil or butter. If necessary, add jeera, bay leaf, cinnamon, and black cardamom, stirring once, then adding garlic and green chilies, stirring and cooking on low heat until the garlic is cooked.
- Finally, toss in fresh coriander, jeera powder, white pepper powder, garam masala, and black pepper powder.
- Continue to mix in the prepared cashew paste while keeping the temperature medium-low.
- Stir in the salt and sugar and simmer for 5-7 minutes over medium heat, stirring continuously or in intervals.
- If the gravy’s consistency has to be adjusted, add additional boiling water and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the fried eggs, ginger, ginger, green chilies, fresh cream, grated boiled eggs(anda), and a tiny handful of fresh coriander, stir softly, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve your lasooni anda malai masala hot with tandoori roti, naan, or any other Indian bread of your choice. Garnish with grated boiled eggs if desired.