Aloo Tikka Burger Recipe | Make this easy recipe|
Alu Tikka is deep-fried mashed potato patties with coriander, peas, and spices. In some North Indian dhabas or café-style establishments, the alu is sandwiched between two slices of bread.
A popular type of alu Tikki in Mumbai is served with a spicy stew and a variety of chutneys. Ragda Patties is a type of chaat sold at numerous chaat vendors throughout the city, particularly on Chowpatti Beach.
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4-6
For creamy tangy mayo
- Mayonnaise ½ cup
- Ketchup 2 tbsp
- Red chili sauce 2 tbsp
For aloo tikka:
- Butter 1 tbsp + oil1 tsp
- Ginger 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chillies 2-3 nos. (chopped)
- Green peas 1/4th cup
- Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Jeera powder 1 tsp
- Aamchur powder 1tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/4th tsp
- Potatoes 4-5 medium size (boiled)
- Salt to taste
- Poha (flattened rice) ½ cup
- Fresh coriander 2 tsp (chopped)
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Refined flour ½ cup
- Corn starch ½ cup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Water as required
- Refined flour to coat
- Bread crumbs to coat
- Oil for deep frying
- Burger buns as required
- Butter to toast burger buns
- Creamy Tangy mayo as required
- Fried Aloo tikkis as required
- Tomato slices as required
- Onion slices as required
- Cheese slices (optional)
For creamy tangy mayo –
- Mix mayonnaise, red chilli sauce, and ketchup in a mixing dish.
- Set aside until you’re ready to put it in a burger.
For Aloo Tikka:
- Set a pan over medium heat and add the oil and butter, along with the green peas, green chilies, and ginger, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the powdered spices, mix well, and sauté for a few seconds on low heat. Remove from the heat, and grate the potatoes straight in the pan, season with salt to taste, return to medium heat, combine, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- To prevent switching off and on the flame, you can instead add grated potatoes directly to the pan.
- TIP: For best results, use boiled potatoes that have been chilled for at least 1-2 hours.
- Remove the aloo mixture from the heat and place it in a mixing dish.
- After washing the poha with water and allowing it to soften for 4-5 minutes, set it aside to add to the aloo mixture.
- Then add the softened poha, freshly chopped coriander leaves, and lemon juice, mix well, and cool the mixture to room temperature.
- Using cling wrap, butter paper, or foil paper, transfer the potato mixture to the cling wrap, roll firmly, and form into a large sausage, making sure it is slightly smaller in diameter than the burger buns. Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Take the aloo mixture out of the freezer and cut it into 1 cm thick discs.
- Keep the rest aside for coating.
Coating aloo tikka-
- To produce the slurry, combine refined flour, cornstarch, and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Mix well and add water to make a semi-thick slurry.
- To coat the aloo tikki, first coat it with refined flour, patting and shaking to remove excess flour, then dip it in the slurry and coat it thoroughly, then coat it with dry seasoned bread crumbs (add salt and black pepper to taste), patting and shaking to remove excess crumbs.
- Coat each aloo tikki in the same manner.
- Make these tikkis ahead of time and freeze them for up to 15 days.
- Remember to defrost before cooking.
- Heat the oil for deep frying over medium high heat and cook the tikkis till golden brown and crisp.
- You may alternatively air fry them or bake them for 7 to 8 minutes on both sides at 200°C.
- Set a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Toast the burger buns on the inside, then spread the creamy tangy mayo over the top burger bun, place the aloo tikki over the bottom burger bun, top with a slice of cheese, and top with tomato and onion slices before closing it with the top burger bun.
- Your aloo tikki burger is ready to eat; create as many as you want and serve with crispy french fries and Coca-Cola.
*Tip: To keep the onions crisp, slice them and keep them in ice-cold water.
Also Read About: Momos Recipe – 5 Ways | Spicy Momo Chutney |
- Veg Green Thai Curry | Home-made Thai Curry Paste |The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is made with homemade Thai green curry paste, vibrant fresh hot chili peppers, and green coriander leaves, ground with lemongrass, and fill…
- Phulkopir Shingara | A Bengali Style Samosa |It’s best to describe eating phulkopi’r shingara as a transcendental experience. When you’re done, time stands still, and everything else in life seems to lose its appeal….
- Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup Recipe | Salsa, Nachos |The soup has a somewhat charred and smokey flavor because of the fire-roasted tomatoes. But don’t worry if all you have is a can of chopped tomato!…
- Authentic Punjabi Rajma Recipe | Punjabi Style Rajma |Rajma is a Punjabi dish cooked with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, and spices that is softly spicy, creamy, and delicious. With the addition of additional water, the…
- Masala Maggi in Chinese style recipe in 5 minsMaggi is one of the most popular and simple rapid snack meal dishes using noodles and flavor enhancers. It’s basic, straightforward, and, more importantly, it appeals to…