Crispy Chilli Potato Recipe | Restaurant Style |
Everyone should give this Crispy Honey Chilli Potato recipe a try. This dish for honey chili potato is made with deep-fried potato fingers and is coated with tomato chili sauce, honey, and a blend of garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. This step-by-step method will help you make very crispy honey chili potatoes if you’ve ever struggled. It’s a tasty and crunchy appetizer that may be served at any time of year.
- Aloo (potatoes) – 5-6 medium-sized (peeled)
- A pinch of salt
- Cornflour – 1/2 cup
- Maida (refined flour) – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
For chilli potatoes:
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Pyaaz (onions) – 1/4th cup (chopped)
- Lehsun (garlic) – 1/4th cup (chopped)
- Adrak (ginger) – 1 inch (chopped)
- Hare Duniya – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Hari Mirchi (green chillies) – 12-15 nos. (slit)
- Hari Mirchi (green chili) paste of 3-4 green chilies
- Veg stock/hot water – 150-200 ml
- Light soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce – 2 tsp (for color)
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Sugar a pinch
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder a pinch
- Shimla Mirchi (capsicum) – 1/3rd cup
- Pyaaz (onions) – 1/3rd cup
- Spring onion bulbs – 2 tbsp
- Hara dhania (fresh coriander) – 1 tbsp
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp + water – 50 ml
- A handful of spring onion greens
Frying crispy potato:
- Peel the potatoes and trim the sides before cutting them into 1 cm thick and 3 inch long batons.
- In a stockpot, bring water to a boil, add salt, and then add the potato batons. Blanch the potatoes until they are 80 percent cooked.
- Once the potatoes have been blanched, transfer them to a large vessel to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cornflour, maida, salt, and baking powder; whisk well to combine, then gradually add water to produce a semi-thick batter; whisk well to ensure a lump-free batter.
- For frying, heat the oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Coat the blanched potatoes in the batter and put them into the hot oil, deep frying them on medium heat until crisp and light golden brown.
- Remove the crispy potato batons to an absorbent paper and set them aside to be used in the potato chili.
Making the chili potato:
- Set a Chinese wok or a non-stick wok over high heat to make the chili potato, then add oil and swirl the wok to coat it thoroughly, then add onions, garlic, ginger, and coriander stems, stir, and fry for a minute.
- Stir in the green chilies, green chili paste, and vegetable stock, then add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, vinegar, a pinch of sugar, salt to taste, and white pepper powder, and bring to a boil.
- Continue to mix in the capsicum, onions, spring onion bulbs, and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflour and water, stirring well to form a lump-free slurry; add the slurry and heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add the spring onion leaves and reduce the heat. Combine the crispy fried potatoes and toss to cover in the sauce, being careful not to overmix.
- Toss, garnish with extra spring onion leaves. Potato chili is ready to be served with schezwan sauce.
Also Read About: Delhi style aloo chaat|Tandoori aloo chaat |Schezwan aloo chaat|
- Veg Green Thai Curry | Home-made Thai Curry Paste |The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is made with homemade Thai green curry paste, vibrant fresh hot chili peppers, and green coriander leaves, ground with lemongrass,…
- Phulkopir Shingara | A Bengali Style Samosa |It’s best to describe eating phulkopi’r shingara as a transcendental experience. When you’re done, time stands still, and everything else in life seems to lose…
- Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup Recipe | Salsa, Nachos |The soup has a somewhat charred and smokey flavor because of the fire-roasted tomatoes. But don’t worry if all you have is a can of…
- Authentic Punjabi Rajma Recipe | Punjabi Style Rajma |Rajma is a Punjabi dish cooked with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, and spices that is softly spicy, creamy, and delicious. With the addition of additional…
- Masala Maggi in Chinese style recipe in 5 minsMaggi is one of the most popular and simple rapid snack meal dishes using noodles and flavor enhancers. It’s basic, straightforward, and, more importantly, it…