Creamy Veggie Pizza Toast Recipe | Quick Snack recipe |
Creamy Veggie Pizza Toast is a creamy meal loaded with vegetables such as capsicum, tomato, and as many as you desire. To make it a cheesy one, add some cheese! As a snack, eat them hot and cheesy with sauce.
For pizza sauce
- Tomatoes 7-8 medium size
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onions 1 medium size (chopped)
- Garlic 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Oregano 2 tbsp
- Red chili flakes 2 tbsp
- Basil leaves 3-4 nos.
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly and cut a cross incision across the tops. Boil the tomatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and quickly submerge them in cold water to reduce the temperature.
- Remove the skin and place it in a mixer grinder, where it will be ground into a semi-fine puree.
- Set a saucepan over low heat, add the oil, garlic, and onions, swirl, and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the Kashmiri red chili powder, cooking for 15-20 seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium and toss in the tomato purée, salt to taste, sugar, oregano, and red chili flakes.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat, covered. Turn off the heat and add the basil leaves, roughly tearing them as you go. Pizza sauce is ready; set aside for later use.
Stir fried veggies in white sauce
- For stir fried veggies:
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Carrot ½ cup
- French beans ½ cup
- Sweet Corn kernels ½ cup
- Red bell pepper ½ cup
- Broccoli florets ½ cup (blanched)
- Salt & black pepper powder to taste
- For white sauce:
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Refined flour 2 tbsp
- Milk 300 ml
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Set a wok over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes on high flame for stir fried vegetables.
- Now add the veggies, stir, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the blanched broccoli, salt, and pepper powder, toss, and cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside to be used later in the white sauce.
- Set a pan over medium low heat, add the butter and let it melt, then add the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn the flour or change the colour to brown; maintain it light brown.
- Add the milk in three batches, whisking well after each addition to ensure a lump-free sauce.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and become creamy.
- Mix in the stir-fried vegetables, oregano, and chilli flakes.
- Stir in the stir-fried vegetables, oregano, and chilli flakes, and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and adjust the salt to your preference. It’s time to make stir-fried vegetables in a white sauce. Set away for later assembly.
- Bread slices
- Soft butter
- Pizza sauce
- Stir fried veggies in white sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Apply soft butter evenly to each bread slice, then spread enough pizza sauce to cover the bread, top with white sauced vegetables, and finish with mozzarella cheese. The amount of cheese you use depends on how cheesy you want it to be.
- You can cook them in the oven by placing a baking sheet over your baking tray and placing the bread on top of it, then baking them at 200°C for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Another option is to use a lidded skillet, spread a little butter over the pan, add the toast, cover, and cook on low heat until the cheese melts and the toast is crisp.
- Cut your creamy pizza toast into squares or triangles and serve immediately.