New York Style Eggless Cheesecake | Rich & Creamy |
Baked cheesecake recipe that is creamy, flavorful, and soft. This is a baked variation that requires the use of an oven. To prepare this cheesecake, you’ll need cream cheese. A spring pan or a pan with a detachable base is also required for easy removal of the cheesecake without shattering it.
- Parle G Biscuit 140 gm (you can use crackers biscuit too)
- Melted butter 80 gm
- Cream cheese 300 gm
- Powdered sugar ½ cup
- Fresh cream 3/4th cup
- Condensed milk 180 ml
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Thick curd 1/4th cup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice of half lemon
- Corn starch 1 tbsp
- Any berry compote
Making the first layer:
- To begin, smash the biscuits using a food processor, a zip lock bag, or a clean and fresh cloth. Add the melted butter and mix well.
- If using a food processor or a zip lock bag, add melted butter with the biscuit.
- Using an 8-inch springform mould, just turn the base tray upside down and lock the springform mould; this will make demoulding the cheesecake much easier.
- Press the butter and biscuit mixture into the springform mould with a pav bhaji masher or any flat bottom utensil (you can also use glass) to smooth out the surface and make the cheese cake’s base.
- Bake the base for 10-12 minutes at 165°C in a preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
For making the cheese cake mixture
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar, making careful to sift the powdered sugar to remove any grains. Using an electric beater or a hand whisk, cream the cream cheese until it is creamy in texture.
- Fold in the fresh cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract, thick curd, lemon zest, lemon juice, and corn starch (sift the cornstarch before adding), making sure not to overmix the mixture.
- To remove any air pockets, pour the mixture over the baked base and tap it down.
For baking cheesecake
- We’ll need to employ the water bath baking method, often known as a bain-marie. To do so, wrap the cake mould in foil and butter paper.
- Fill the baking tray with water and lay the foil-wrapped cheesecake inside.
- Bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes at 165°C in a preheated oven.
- If the texture of the cheesecake is a little wobbly after baking, run a clean knife around the edges and cool. Remove the butter paper and foil wrap from the pan. Refrigerate for 5-6 hours once it has cooled down.
- After chilling in the fridge, carefully open the springform mould’s lock to demould, then delicately remove the cake with a thin and wide spatula.
- Your eggless New York cheesecake is ready to serve; slice and serve plain or top with a fruit compote of your choosing to add elegance.