Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe | Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani |
It’s the new year and starting of 2022, starting with a royal recipe of biryani. Because biryani is such a diverse dish, it may be made with a variety of veggies and meats. Regardless of where you are in India, there is a delicious chicken dum biryani recipe waiting to be discovered! The most important of which comes from the several spices added to it, such as cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves. These spices give the chicken biryani a delectable perfume that can be detected from a distance of several meters. One of the most important parts of preparing dum biryani is to marinate the meat well.
The more you marinate the meat, the more tender, juicy, and soft it will become to consume. It’s a fantastic dish to serve whenever you want to show off your culinary prowess.
For the rice:
- Basmati rice 1 kg
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tsp
- Dalchini (cinnamon stick) 1 inch
- Laung (cloves) 5-6 nos.
- Chakri Phool (star anise) 1 no.
- Javitri (mace) 1 no.
- Moti elaichi (black cardamom) 1-2 nos.
- Kali elaichi (black peppercorns) 4-5 nos.
- Hari elaichi (green cardamom) 2-3 nos.
- Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Fresh mint leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- In a stockpot, bring water to a boil, then add the ghee, whole spices, freshly chopped coriander, and mint leaves, and salt to taste, mix well, and add the soaked basmati rice. Boil and simmer until the rice is 90% done.
- Drain the rice, spread it out on a big platter, and set it aside to cool to room temperature.
For marinating chicken
- Chicken 1 kg
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Curd 400 gm
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Green chili paste 1 tsp
- Fried onions ½ cup
- Biryani masala 2 tbsp
- Fresh mint leaves a handful (roughly chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves a handful (roughly chopped)
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Soak the rice grain in fresh water for 45-50 minutes after washing it 4-5 times with water or until the water is clear.
- To marinate chicken, place the pieces in a mixing bowl, then add the remaining marinade ingredients, mix well, and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Marinated chicken
- Cooked rice
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fried onions
- Saffron infused milk (soak saffron in warm milk)
- Live charcoal + ghee
- Set a wok or a kadhai over medium heat and add the ghee and marinated chicken. Stir and cook the chicken until it begins to bubble and the curd leaves oil, about 10-12 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. Cook the chicken up to 90% done.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl once it has reached 90% doneness.
- Spread a layer of cooked rice in the same pan where the chicken was cooked, then top with freshly cut mint and coriander leaves, fried onions, and saffron-infused milk.
- Spread a layer of cooked chicken with its masala over the rice, then repeat with fresh coriander, mint leaves, and fried onions. Finally, layer the remaining cooked rice over the chicken and pour ghee over live burning charcoal in a bowl, cover, and smoke for 5 minutes to impart smoke flavor to the biryani.
- Now that the biryani has been smoked, add some more freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves, some fried onions, some saffron-infused milk, and a little more ghee (or the oil used for frying the onions) for added flavor.
- After the layering and final addition of ingredients for the biryani is complete, we need to give it a dum by covering it with a lid and sealing the wok’s edges with dough and cooking it on a very low flame for 30 minutes. Make sure you use a heavy bottom wok or place a tawa underneath to prevent the biryani from burning.
- When the biryani is ready to eat, serve it with papad, chilled raita, or mirch ka salan.
Also Read About: Biryani – The different variety of making!
- Veg Green Thai Curry | Home-made Thai Curry Paste |The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is made with homemade Thai green curry paste, vibrant fresh hot chili peppers, and green coriander leaves,…
- Phulkopir Shingara | A Bengali Style Samosa |It’s best to describe eating phulkopi’r shingara as a transcendental experience. When you’re done, time stands still, and everything else in life…
- Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup Recipe | Salsa, Nachos |The soup has a somewhat charred and smokey flavor because of the fire-roasted tomatoes. But don’t worry if all you have is…
- Authentic Punjabi Rajma Recipe | Punjabi Style Rajma |Rajma is a Punjabi dish cooked with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, and spices that is softly spicy, creamy, and delicious. With the…
- Masala Maggi in Chinese style recipe in 5 minsMaggi is one of the most popular and simple rapid snack meal dishes using noodles and flavor enhancers. It’s basic, straightforward, and,…