Kurkuri Aloo Tikki Chaat| Tasty and flavorful chaat|
Delicious, delicious, and homemade. Stuffed Aloo Tikki is a fantastic appetizer for any occasion. These full-flavored cutlets or tikkis cooked with a combination of potatoes, spices, and lentils make a terrific appetizer for any of those numerous parties or get-togethers.
Masala chana filling
- Chana dal (split chickpea) – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cooked chana dal
- Fresh ginger chilli paste – 1 tbsp
- Lal mirch (red chilli) powder – 1 tsp
- Saunf (fennel) powder – 1 tbsp
- Dhaniya (coriander) powder – 1 tbsp
- Jeera (cumin) powder – 1 tsp
- Soak the chana dal for 4-5 hours after thoroughly washing it.
- Set aside enough water in a stockpot to boil the chana dal, then add salt and the soaked chana dal, stir once, cover, and cook on medium-high heat until the dal is almost cooked about 6-7 minutes; the dal should be cooked but the grain should remain intact. Once the dal is almost cooked, strain it through a sieve and discard the water.
- Allow the dal to cool completely before lightly mashing it with your hands, making sure to only mash about a quarter of the batch and leave the rest intact.
- Set a pan over medium heat, add the ghee, cooked chana dal, fresh ginger chili paste, powdered spices, and salt, whisk to combine, and cook for 4-5 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently.
- Prepare the masala chana dal filling. Set it aside for later use.
Crispy aloo Tikki
- Boiled aloo (potatoes) – 8-10 medium-size
- Salt to taste
- Jeera (cumin) seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 4 tbsp (for shallow frying)
- I boiled potatoes, then grate them with the larger hole and add jeera, salt, oil, and cornflour, mixing and combining nicely.
- Make sure not to mash the potatoes too much while mixing; the amount of cornflour you use is entirely dependent on the moisture content of your potatoes; if your potatoes are dry, you may skip the cornflour.
- Once the potatoes are fully blended, take a large spoonful of the potato mixture and shape it into a cup, then fill up the cavity with a tiny spoonful of chana dal mixture, bring the ends together and seal firmly, then shape it into a ball, pressing lightly while shaping it into a ball.
- To make the Tikki, lightly press and flatten the ball, being careful not to let the fillings escape.
- Set a tawa or a large surface pan over medium-low heat, pour ghee for shallow frying, and slowly cook the formed tikkis on one side until they start to get some color or until they are light golden brown.
- While cooking the potatoes, keep an eye on the texture and color.
- Flip gently and cook until crisp and golden brown on the opposite side as well.
- Crispy aloo Tikki
- Lemon juice
- Special chaat masala (special spice mix)
- Green chutney
- Meethi chutney
- Onions (optional)
- Fresh coriander
- Ginger (juliennes)
- Beetroot (julienned)
- Green chilies (slit)
- Dahi (curd) – 2 cup
- Back salt – 2 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp
- Serve the crispy aloo Tikki chaat immediately by placing the aloo Tikki on a serving plate and topping it with chutneys and other toppings. You can also add dahi by mixing black salt and powdered sugar into it.
- Now that your crispy aloo tikki chaat is done, you can play around with the toppings to suit your tastes.
Also Read About: Delhi style aloo chaat|Tandoori aloo chaat |Schezwan aloo chaat|
- Veg Green Thai Curry | Home-made Thai Curry Paste |The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is made with homemade Thai green curry paste, vibrant fresh hot chili peppers, and green coriander leaves, ground with lemongrass,…
- Phulkopir Shingara | A Bengali Style Samosa |It’s best to describe eating phulkopi’r shingara as a transcendental experience. When you’re done, time stands still, and everything else in life seems to lose…
- Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup Recipe | Salsa, Nachos |The soup has a somewhat charred and smokey flavor because of the fire-roasted tomatoes. But don’t worry if all you have is a can of…
- Authentic Punjabi Rajma Recipe | Punjabi Style Rajma |Rajma is a Punjabi dish cooked with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, and spices that is softly spicy, creamy, and delicious. With the addition of additional…
- Masala Maggi in Chinese style recipe in 5 minsMaggi is one of the most popular and simple rapid snack meal dishes using noodles and flavor enhancers. It’s basic, straightforward, and, more importantly, it…