Ohn no Khao swè| Burmese cruisine| Crispy noodle|
Ohn no Khao swè is a Burmese dish consisting of wheat noodles in a curried chicken and coconut milk broth thickened with gram flour. The Khao swe dish is often garnished with crisp fried bean fritters, sliced raw onions, chilies, crisp noodles, and slices of hard-boiled egg, and zested with lime or lemon juice and fish sauce.
For fresh homemade coconut milk
- Fresh coconut 2 cups
- Water 2 cups + 3/4th – 1 cup
- Roughly chop the fresh coconut and place it in a jar with water to grind as finely as possible.
- Using a sieve and muslin cloth, pour the coconut paste into the muslin cloth and squeeze to obtain the coconut milk.
- Reuse the pulp by placing it back in the grinding jar with more water and repeating the procedure to get the most coconut milk.
- Your fresh homemade coconut milk is ready; roughly 800 mL of coconut milk will be produced.
- Set aside to be utilised in the preparation of khao swe.
- Onion 2 medium size
- Garlic 6-7 cloves
- Ginger 1 inch
- Green chilies 1-2 nos.
- Coriander stems 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Haldi (Turmeric) powder 2 tsp
- Lal mirch (Red chili) powder 2 tsp
- Dhaniya (Coriander) powder 1 tsp
- Jeera (cumin) powder 1 tsp
- Farsi (french beans) ½ cup
- Gajar (Carrots) ½ cup
- Baby corn ½ cup
- Vegetable stock / hot water 750 ml
- Gud (jaggery) 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Besan (gram flour) 1 tbsp
- coconut milk 800 ml
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies, and coriander stems to a grinding jar, add a little water, and grind into a fine paste.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat, add oil and toss in the onion ground paste for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the powdered spices, along with a little water, and cook until the spices release their oil.
- Stir in the vegetables, then add the vegetable stock or hot water, gur (jagger), and salt to taste, stir well, and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk together the besan and a few tablespoons of coconut in a separate bowl to form a lump-free besan slurry.
- Add the slurry to the coconut milk and whisk well to combine.
- Increase the temperature to medium heat and let the soup simmer for 5-6 minutes after adding the slurry blended coconut milk to the wok and stirring well.
- At regular intervals, stir. Check for salt and adjust seasoning as needed. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- When the Khao swe / curry is cooked, combine it with the remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
- Boiled noodles
- Onions (sliced)
- Crushed Roasted Peanuts
- Fried noodles
- Hot soup
- Fresh coriander (chopped)
- Fresh spring onion greens (chopped)
- Fried garlic
- Fried onions (barista)
- Chilli oil
- Lemon wedges
- Pour the hot soup over the boiled noodles, then top with roasted crushed peanuts, fresh onion slices, fried noodles, fried onions, fried garlic, freshly chopped coriander leaves, and spring onion greens, chili oil, and a lemon wedge on the side to boost the flavor.
- Serve hot, with the addition of components tweaked to your liking.
Also Read About: Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe | A vegan loaded noodles
- Veg Green Thai Curry | Home-made Thai Curry Paste |The Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is made with homemade Thai green curry paste, vibrant fresh hot chili peppers, and green coriander leaves, ground with lemongrass,…
- Phulkopir Shingara | A Bengali Style Samosa |It’s best to describe eating phulkopi’r shingara as a transcendental experience. When you’re done, time stands still, and everything else in life seems to lose…
- Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup Recipe | Salsa, Nachos |The soup has a somewhat charred and smokey flavor because of the fire-roasted tomatoes. But don’t worry if all you have is a can of…
- Authentic Punjabi Rajma Recipe | Punjabi Style Rajma |Rajma is a Punjabi dish cooked with kidney beans, onions, tomatoes, and spices that is softly spicy, creamy, and delicious. With the addition of additional…
- Masala Maggi in Chinese style recipe in 5 minsMaggi is one of the most popular and simple rapid snack meal dishes using noodles and flavor enhancers. It’s basic, straightforward, and, more importantly, it…